- Sail Away - Separate your self from your external stress. Seek some solitude to reduce stress.
- Make a list of priorities you have.
- Assign priorities to each task : A= important & important, B = important & not urgent, C = All unimportant items.
- Cross the C's off the list as they are pretty much a waste of time.
- Delegation- Wherever possible delegate(A's and B's) to someone else to a task. Ask a favor from a friend relative. Have someone help you with some of your items.
- Complete remaining A's and B's yourself.
- Look for time savers. Consolidate errands or tasks whenever possible.
- Just say No - Say no to any unnecessary commitments. Do it in a polite way whenever possible.
- Keep Finances organized. Finances can be a big stress do best to keep in order.
- Exercise - Oops I really slack on this one. Helps reduce stress and is good for you to boot.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Healthy Stress reduction
Here are some healthy stress reduction tips. These are adapted from my Student Success textbook "On Course" by Skip Downing. I can see the heavy influence of Stephen Covey's 4 quadrants theory. Here we go.