Saturday, September 29, 2007

Time

"You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun"
-Time, Pink Floyd(Mason,Waters,Wright,Gilmour)

I've been on a Pink Floyd kick lately. This song though tied into my Student Success course I'm taking. In the book "On Course" I've come to the chapter on Time Management(or lack of) which is covered in Chapter 4 of the book called"Mastering Self-Management". It's really opened my eyes as to how much time I waste. Either it be on the computer surfing too much (on unimportant things). Also speaks of spending time on things that don't help you towards your goal. It also touches on using calenders, action lists and tracking forms. I'm already started using my online calender at Yahoo. The book and course has been an eye opener to say the least. Very helpful especially since I haven't been to school in many years.

No comments: