Sunday, September 23, 2007

Introduction

My name is Bob and at the age of 40 I decided to go back to school to get an Associates Degree. Though I'm sure I'm not alone in this venture I'm hoping this may encourage others to this themselves. I did attempt to do this at a younger age but did not complete my task. No one else was responsible but myself. What makes it perhaps more of a challenge is that now(unlike before)I'm now married with a five year old son, mortgage, car payments, and a full time job. Why now? I say why not. It's perhaps a shot at personal redemption and proof to myself that I can do it. Also I perhaps see my current job position as just that a "job". Not particularly my choice I would have chosen but it's one I've ended up with. It's physically demanding and doesn't have a whole lot of job growth. My goal is that this would open up more opportunities for me in the future. I'll be adding more details in the near future.

No comments: